Tina Copland, Director of Jax Wax is responsible for overseeing the growth and development of Jax Wax.
However, there is a lot more to Tina than meets the eye…
1. Who’s someone you admire, and why?
Dick Smith – because he is a self-made person who is very successful and cares passionately about Australian made
2. Tell me three pet peeves.
Incorrect spelling and grammar, people that don’t think for themselves, compulsory voting
3. What’s a typical day like for you?
No such thing – each day depends on what needs to be done – can change by the minute
4. Do you have any skills or talents that most people don’t know about?
I can sew and am an excellent cook and I am a movie buff
5. If you could be anywhere other than here, right this minute, where would you be?
UK visiting my relatives
6. Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Always wanted to be a manager –so something came true!
7. If we went to happy hour, what would you order?
Gin and tonic – Japanese Roku Gin and Fever-tree aromatic tonic
8. Finish this sentence. On Sunday mornings, you can usually find me…
…Cooking a good breakfast
9. How do you want people to remember you?
I am an organ donor and I would like to be remembered by the people I have helped.
10. What do you think are the best skills that you bring to your job?
Able to look outside the square and the bigger picture
11. Name three words that describe you.
Determined x 3!
12. How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
As a micro manager
13. What do you want to make sure you do before you die?
Not sure – not planning on dying anytime soon and have lots of things to do – but they change from year to year. I think sailing in the Whitsundays and a river cruise in Europe – cooking class in France
14. What’s a goal you have for yourself that you want to accomplish in the next year?
Finish my cosmetic diploma
15. Name a few of your daily habits (other than a shower and brushing your teeth).
Checking news on line (who says I shower?), checking bank balance
16. What publications do you regularly read?
The Australian, ABC online news
17. What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working?
Cooking, reading, sewing
18. What are some causes you care about?
Women’s rights, exploitation, modern slavery
19. What do you do with friends in your spare time?
20. What would be your personal motto?
Never give up – I am an eternal optimist – there is always something better waiting for you